Mother Teresa was a woman who left a mark on humanity and our lives not through great scientific achievements or some major discovery but through the force of her sheer kindness and selflessness. There is not a single person among us who would deny the way she has served humanity. Coming from a foreign land to serve the poor and helpless is something that not many women can even think of a as a life mission leave alone carry out.
Mother Teresa did not teach or preach, she simply lived her life in a way that has been an inspiration to most of us. She left us with the feeling and message that the one way we will be close to God is by serving those people who among us are less fortunate. When you go through some of the things she has said, you will realize that as simple and sincere as her sayings were, they are incredibly easy to understand. If each among is able to follow even one of the things that she was trying to teach, the world as we know it would be a much better place.Here is the collection of some Nice Quotes by Mother Teresa.
These sayings are something that will keep you going in those moments when you desperately seek inspiration. The simple but profound way that she made her point is something that leaves its mark on our mind. Use these sayings to enlighten those around you or inspire those who are seeking inspiration. While funny and witty sayings are all fine as a Facebook status, you could also use these quotations once in a while to create awareness in others and yourself and as a means of inspiration to become better human beings.
This collection is by no means exhaustive, but you will find that even part of the sayings that Mother Teresa had to say is enough to inspire us.
Quotes by Mother Teresa
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
- Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
- Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
(This can also be seen a message not to wait for anyone to get things done. DO IT YOURSELF!)
- Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.
- Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
(Smiling and being kind to people will get you further in life than being mean and rude.)
- God doesn’t require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.
(Trying is half the battle.)
- I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.
- I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.
(Don’t pray for things, act to achieve your goals.)
- I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
- I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.
- I try to give to the poor people for love what the rich could get for money. No, I wouldn’t touch a leper for a thousand pounds; yet I willingly cure him for the love of God.
- I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor?
(We are so busy in our day to day life that most people don’t even know who lives with them on the same block.)
- If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
- If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
(I’ve read many spiritual books and this comes back again and again. Don’t judge people and just accept them for who they are.)
- Loneliness is the most terrible poverty.
- One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.
(This is so true and i’ve know people that even their kids see them as nobody’s.)
- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
- There is more hunger in the world for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.
- We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.
- These quotes are full of love and passion, it’s not uncommon to feel such love from great people. If everyone of us had a Mother Teresa in us, this world would be in a better shape.
- “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
“There is a terrible hunger for love. We all experience that in our lives – the pain, the loneliness. We must have the courage to recognize it. The poor you may have right in your own family. Find them. Love them.”
“It is not what to do, but how much love we put into the doing. We can do not greats, only small things with great love.” – Mother Theresa”
- “God does not require that we be successful only that we be faithful.”
- “The trees, the flowers, the plants grow in silence. The stars, the sun, the moon move in silence. Silence gives us a new perspective.”
- “Christ came to be Father’s compassion to the world. Be kind in your actions. Do not think that you are the only one who can do efficient work, work worth showing. This makes you harsh in your judgment of others who may not have the same talents. Do your best and trust that others do their best. And be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
- “Keep the corners of your mouth turned up. Speak in a low, persuasive tone. Listen; be teachable. Laugh at good stories and learn to tell them…For as long as you are green, you can grow.”
- “When Mother Teresa received the Nobel Prize, she was asked, “What can we do to promote world peace?” She answered “Go home and love your family.”
- “There’s nothing more calming in difficult moments that knowing there’s some one fighting with you.”
“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”
- “In the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.”
- “Why can’t there be love that never gets tired?”
- “Joy must be one of the pivots of our life. It is the token of a generous personality. Sometimes it is also a mantle that clothes a life of sacrifice and self-giving. A person who has this gift often reaches high summits. He or she is like sun in a community.”
- “Everything that is not given is lost.”
- “One truly must have suffered oneself to help others.”
- “Suffering is nothing by itself. But suffering shared with the passion of Christ is a wonderful gift, the most beautiful gift, a token of love.”
- “Joy is strength.”
- “Never be so busy as not to think of others.”
- “We learn humility through accepting humiliations cheerfully.”
- “The biggest diease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted, uncared for, and deserted by everybody.”
- “We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion.”
- “In loving one another through our works we bring an increase of grace and a growth in divine love.”
- “At the hour of death when we come face-to-face with God, we are going to be judged on love; not how much we have done, but how much love we put into the doing.”
- “Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.”
- “Yesterday is gone and tomorrow has not yet come; we must live each day as if it were our last so that when God calls us we already, and prepared, to die with a clean heart.”
- “I see Jesus in every human being. I say to myself, this is hungry Jesus, I must feed him. This is sick Jesus. This one has leprosy or gangrene; I must wash him and tend to him. I serve becuase I love Jesus.”
- “When a poor person dies of hunger it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.”
- “Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.”
- “As for me, the silence and the emptiness is so great, that I look and do not see, — Listen and do not hear — the tongue moves but does not speak … I want you to pray for me — that I let Him have free hand.”