Peacock is a beautiful bird belonging to the Phasianidae family. It includes three species of birds, namely: the Indian peacock; the Green peacock and the Congo peacock. Male peafowl is known for their extravagant plumage and their piercing call. The term peacock refers to the “male” while the term peahen is reserved for the “female”. Here are some Easy Peacock Painting Ideas which are Useful. Here’s how you can become an expert while talking about paintings.
The Indian peacock has metallic blue and green plumage. The peacock “tail,” consists of highly elongated upper tail coverts. These feathers are marked with eyespots, which are best visible when a peacock fans his tail. Peacock is also referred to as the National Bird of India. This gives it the reason to be a special bird compared to the others.
Easy Peacock Painting Ideas which are Useful
Drawing peacock feathers in colored pencil are not as difficult as many beginners might think! Although it looks complicated, when you break it down to basic shapes, the subject becomes simple and fun to draw in color.
While you’re crafting, you might also like to share some fun trivia about peacocks:
- The peacock is the subject of much folklore, superstition, and old wives’ tales. The peacock is also a prominent feature of popular culture.
- In Hindu culture, Lord Karthikeya, the god of war, is said to ride a peacock.
- Peacock feathers also adorn the crest of Lord Krishna, an avatar of Lord Vishnu
- The Peacock Throne(Takht-i Tāvūs) was a famous jeweled throne that was the seat of the Mughal emperors that conquered Northern India
- In Ancient Egypt, the Peacock is associated with the Sun God Ra. In Christianity, the Peacock symbolizes death and resurrection.
- Mayilattam (Peacock dance ) is a very famous folk dance in Tamil Nadu.
- The peacock was a symbol of immortality because the ancients believed that the peacock had flesh that did not decay after death.
- There is also a popular Turkish folklore about the fox that fell in a dye pit and fancied himself as beautiful as a peacock until his fellow animals deflated his pretensions by asking him to fly.
Wondering where and when you can choose this wonderful and colorful animal as you drawing idea? We bring to you a list of all those places where you can take help of India’s national bird to make your painting extremely marvelous.
Peacock Face Painting
Face Paintings have been in trends since long. While there are a variety of images to choose from, a peacock is definitely one of the prime choices.
Peacock on Canvas
Peacock can be made on a Canvas as well if you are a fine painter. Peacock on canvas is a great idea to have.
Papercraft is one of the primary things children learn to do. It’s always fun and engaging to create a paper craft. Your children will love the vibrant colors used to make this.
Handmade Peacock cards
Be it for friends or family, Handmade cards are always special. Having a peacock based handmade card is a great idea to have. Have a look here for scrapbook ideas.
Peacock Home Decor
Peacock can also work as a piece of art for the interior designing of the house as a theme. Here are some great paintings that you will love.
Paper Plate Peacock
Paper plates are one of the most commonly available craft supplies. This activity is a big hit with a lot of pasting, coloring is involved – perfect to develop fine motor skills for the children.
Peacock Puppet Craft
A simple way to recycle all the paper bags from your shopping trips, peacock puppet is very simple but lots of fun!
There’s a reason handprint crafts are so popular among the children. They’re very easy to make with just the right amount of effort. This Hand-print craft will be just the right birthday gift!
Paper folded fan peacock
This easy yet fantastic peacock craft is the perfect craft to have. Kids can actually play by manually folding and unfolding the peacock’s shimmery train feathers!
This charming origami peacock from Origami Spirit shows us an example of the imaginative possibilities of a traditional origami model. This peacock model shown here is based on the classic paper toy called ‘cootie catcher’ aka ‘flip-flopper’.
Peacock Wall Hanging
This Peacock Wall Hanging is an absolutely stunning use of recycled elements like disposable spoons, old CDs, cardstocks. It is quite easy to assemble a peacock wall hanging.
So, get going and gather all those things and colors around you to make this wonderful bird. You are just going to love making it and your spectators will not be able to stop gazing at it!